Friday, January 28, 2011

Now THIS is a Personal Pizza


When I was younger, my mom would sometimes make my brothers and me English Muffin Pizzas. They are fast, easy and inexpensive, but definitely would not fall in the healthy category. So it was my goal to change that and find a way to satisfy my craving for pizza in less harmful way to my body.

The end result? A hot, satisfying, mini pizza that didn't blow my diet! I bought Thomas' Light Multigrain English Muffins, which allows you to have a whole muffin for 100 calories, added 1/8 cup of Hunts natural pasta sauce (15 calories,) 1/4 cup low fat, part skim mozzarella cheese (80 calories,) and 1 cut up link of turkey sausage (40 calories.) I wanted to add green pepper but after searching the fridge, I couldn't find it. So, if my math is correct, I ended up with 235 calories for the pizzas and a side salad coming in at about 30 calories for a total of 265 calories for a wonderfully satisfying dinner.

I was impressed by the fact that I was craving pizza all day long and this tasted better to me than anything I could get at Pizza Hut! Now all I need to do is come up with a great recipe for garlic wings and I'm throwing a party!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Their ya go (LOL)they look great!

Christina Molloy said...

I love making my own pizza! Mine isn't quite as healthy ... I wonder if another idea would be to use the sandwich thins instead of the english muffins. I think I might have to try this (with green pepper and onions).